Humans occupy the highest stature in the animal kingdom, owing to the extra sense. Being mammalian kingdom’s special species with more senses, mother’s milk for a newborn does not have any substitute till now.
Puberty is an important milestone that occurs in a girl’s life which marks her transition to womanhood. This also includes awareness about the breast, its shape and routine care which should be provided by closed ones or at least by medical professionals [Gynecologist].
Wondering why Breast routine care?
Breast cancer is one of the most prevalent cancer found in females. It is cancer where the mutated cells in breast grow uncontrollably, leads to a mass of tissues called a tumor.
Early screening is important to know the risk and choose the best treatment options before reaching Metastatic or severe stages of cancer.
1. Women who cross 50 years have an increased risk of breast cancer.
2. Early Menstrual [<12] or Menopause [>55] [ due to exposure of hormones]
3. BRCA1 & BRCA2 Inherited mutations.
4. Any woman in the family who had breast or ovarian cancer at least in 3 generations of her family Tree.
5. First pregnancy above the age of 30 with no breastfeeding.
7. High frequency of alcohol consumption.
8. Bigger and dense breasts are difficult to screen with mammograms.
The Clinical utility of germline testing for inherited breast cancer patients
• where HER2 is negative and
• Significant genomics alternations like deleterious BRCA1 and BRCA2 are observed
For the patient with above mention criteria the FDA recommends Olaparib as an eligible targeted therapy option. FDA strongly recommends to follows the updated Reference ID: 4610866 documents from them where it has all the updated guidelines/add-ons posted in it.
Lumpectomy: Removing the lump or nearby lump nodes.
Mastectomy: Removing the breast and nearby lymph nodes.
Radiation: Very high-energy radiation passed on breast to kill cancer cells.
Chemotherapy: Targeted approach to kill the cancer cells and reduce the risk of relapse.
• Every 8 minutes, one woman dies of breast cancer in India.
• Regular check-up of mammogram should be semi-annual or annual check-up policy.
• Early detection of breast cancer gives chances of increased survival rate.
• Finally, the support should be provided to breast cancer patients for them to be brave and accepting to fight against cancer with full spirit.
This article is published by VOH Team
AIDS need not devoid you of parenthood! Fertility Treat ...2022-12-01
Transitioning Era of Healthcare Delivery ...2022-11-08
Contactless Payments - Transforming Healthcare ...2022-10-27
Sexual Health: Under Rated ...2022-09-30
Importance of CANCER Research Communityâ€“ Shout o ...2022-09-26 View All