On the occasion of World Glaucoma Week, Healthcare Thinktank #VoiceofHealthcare (voiceofhealthcare.org) – in collaboration with Zydus Lifesciences - hosted a LIVE panel discussion with eminent subject matter experts on the theme: #BeatBlindness- Creating Glaucoma Awareness Through Early Detection.
The overarching goal of the panel discussion was to elevate awareness on the importance of regular eye (and optic nerve) checks for detecting glaucoma as early as possible. A parallel objective was to inform the community and public about new Diagnostic techniques and advanced treatment options available in India, and also to eliminate myths and false perceptions about glaucoma.
RESPONDING TO THE CALL OF DUTY
With approximately 11.2 million persons aged 40 years and older with glaucoma in India, a large volume of undetected cases, significant manpower & resource constraints and major challenges in detecting and treating those who are affected, this Expert Intervention was indeed the need of the hour.
‘World Glaucoma Week’ managed to put a spotlight on glaucoma as the leading cause of preventable irreversible blindness worldwide, and underscored the urgent priority for preventive intervention to eliminate needless distress.
The event attracted several leading luminaries from the field, who approach the topic through the lens of mission-critical expertise and shared actionable views and recommendations to elevate outcomes.
• Prof. Dr. Sushmita Kaushik- Professor Ophthalmology , Post Graduate Institute of Medical Education & Research (PGIMER) , Chandigarh.
• Dr. A. Murali Ariga- Director, Swamy Eye Clinic and Chennai Glaucoma Foundation.
• Dr. Manish S Shah- Consultant , Department of Ophthalmology , Lilavati Hospital & Research Center , Mumbai.
• Dr. Prateep Vyas- Specialist ( Cataract Surgery and Glaucoma Treatment ) , CENTRE FOR SIGHT, Indore.
• Anurag Dhingra- General Manager , Zydus Cadila Healthcare Limited.
We share a synopsis of the perspectives and opinions shared by our panel which spanned a rich cross section of domains and disciplines around glaucoma.
• Prof. Dr. Sushmita Kaushik- “It is very important to make patients aware about glaucoma blindness for which regular tests are of utmost importance”.
Dr. A. Murali Ariga- “With proper treatments and regular check-ups, you can continue your life like normal and glaucoma won't put you back from experiencing any of that”.
• Dr. Manish S Shah- “Making sure that the pressures always remain under control and that eye drops and medications are strictly followed, is essential even after undergoing Iridotomy”
• Dr. Prateep Vyas- “To sit with the patient, to counsel the patient and to explain about the disease is extremely important”.
• Anurag Dhingra- “Industry has a very vital role to play in creating the awareness of glaucoma and supporting the ophthalmologists in diagnosing and treating glaucoma by creating better access to new and improved medications. ”
MediBuddy Strengthens Leadership with the Appointment of Seema Vijay Singh as Se
100+ Police officials gather to pledge against tobacco addiction in a unique ini
Apollo Hospital, Gandhinagar, Ahmedabad has been named one of the Worlds Best Ho
Sparsh Hospital Chairman Dr. Sharan Shivaraj Patil appointed President of Indian
Cases of liver failure and liver cancer have increased post-COVID in Gujarat : D
Innvolution secures growth capital from OrbiMed to advance R&D, expand product l
India´s first Integrated Diagnostics Facility by Mahajan Imaging & Labs complet
Thyrocare launches JAANCH to offer specialised tailor-made health packages for 9
Apollo Hospitals Ahmedabad & Da Vinci Xi join hands to offer the Most Advanced R
Medanta Gurugram organizes initiatives to strengthen awareness around colorectal
Metropolis' MedEngage Scholarship Program recognizes 250 medical students with S
AMRI Hospitals Kolkata set to be acquired by The Manipal Group
Dr Nitish Shetty appointed CEO of Aster DM Healthcare (India Business)
Psoriasis drug launch marks Eli Lilly’s entry into dermatology domain
SAMRIDH Healthcare invests in Critical Care Hope to catalyze tele-ICUs across thView All